Tales of a Lagos Girl (I)- Runaway Boyfriend

“ I live in Gusau and work with Fidelity bank. I have no time for myself or anything else except for my job. I’ve lost countless boyfriends due to the nature of my job, it does not give me the space to be with my man romantically. After endless break ups I moved to the fast paced-culture of online dating.

I met this fascinating, humble and intriguing man online. He was like heaven on earth. A prime definition of decency. We moved from Facebook chat to Whatsapp and then calling on phone. He’s always on phone with me. Little did I know that he had other foul plans. I must give it to him “his cards were neatly played out”

We fast became lovers, he spoke with my significant others, proposed to me on phone. Told him phone proposal won’t work with me. He kept saying that his international Web business line won’t allow him to be with me at the moment. Few days later he told me that he was traveling out of the country for business transactions. Which in his own terms was done.

He said he was in USA at that time. He called a few times too. After 2 days of him being away his daughter called me to tell me that her grandmother just fell from the stairs. She was screaming and crying on phone saying her grandmother is not saying anything that she was lying helplessly on the floor. So, I had to call my man who was away for business deal.

He begged me to help take care of his mom who is based in Port Harcourt. He also promised to pay me back everything that I spend on her health. I told him that I wasn’t having enough, he begged me and even asked me to go for a loan with my bank.

I am but human and my heart wasn’t made of steel. After much pushing, I did what needed to be done. I was hooked up with a doctor and the doctor kept asking me to pay in money into his account. The total money that was sent to his account was roughly #500k.

All of a sudden my supposed 'man-to-be' went under and stopped calling or even texting me. With strong intuition I knew then that he was a fake man.

Although, I got worried and began to look for clues of what must’ve happened or went wrong, everything I tried on was to no avail. After couple of days it began to dwell on me with more bewildered and lost mind that I’ve been duped!

I finally met him online on Facebook, I tried confronting him instead he started calling me names. Only then it became crystal clear to me that I’ve been duped. I went to the police to report the crime. NPF with their own started looking for a way to rob me of my money. I got a lawyer involved. I was advised on how to track him down.

I got my friend involved,. Luckily my friend got hold of my lost man account details which was what I needed to trail him. With the police report I obtained from the police I was able to keep watch on the account. He was using same strategy with my friend and when my friend was asked to pay in money which she did.
The sociopath couldn’t withdraw the money from ATM and won’t go to the bank to withdraw with the cashier. After much wait. He went to the bank to maybe to withdraw with the cashier but lo and behold he was arrested. I had to go back to the place station to stake my claims. Do you know what I was told to do?

I was asked to bring money for fuel and money to settle every police officer’s family that will embark on the journey to Enugu state to convert the arrest back to Gusau!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you all in

Beware of The Green Eyed Monster

4 Ways To Identify Your Strengths